Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yay! First Fraction Growing Post!





1)Well expressing fractions in lowest terms simply means to get a fraction to its smallest form




2)well.........They are the same for they could be the same number just... written in a different... form

3) http://www.gomath.com/exercises/ReducingToLowestTerms.php
Like its got how to change into lowest terms and cool fraction type calculators for the job! =-) also has other subjects + calculators and places to test yourself

4a)Im going to use one of my favorite things in my problem... PIE! I have 7/4 of a pie (or several pies) and the person sitting next to me only has 2/3 of a pie. I lean over and say that we should combine or pies. He agrees. So how much pie do we have together?












4b)Im going to use pie again! I have...um ...lets see... 4 3/4 of a pie! Yay! So much pie! I got hungry and decided to eat 3 1/2 of my pie in one sitting! i probably couldn't do this but... this is an imagnary scenario! So how much pie would I have left?

No pie was harmed in the making of these questions




5) I answered Kale's questions (8-41), Aldrin's questions (8-73) and Mike L.'s questions (8-73)

6) http://www.math.com/school/subject1/lessons/S1U4L3GL.html
Crazy website! Its got the whole scoop on pretty much everything you want to know about fractions! It explains how to do like everything with cool pictures too! =-)

Extra)I left comments on the posts i answered questions too!








Please dont copy my idea! Hope you like it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 2
1) Alright i did it!!!!










2)




















Or you could do it as a picture


























3)This site has quite detailed steps on how to multiply with everything! Plus im combining two questions in one by saying it also has a dividing fractions section too with all the same cool stuff!!!

4)




















Now just with fractions...


























6) I nomonate Jennifer of 8-41 because she used very good pictures to explain her questions.
I nomonate Aldrin of 8-73 because he put his whole post on the scrolly thing and used alot of pictures.
I nomonate Dhona of 8-16 because she used pictures for most of her questions.
I nomonate Katho of 8-17 because of really cool pictures.

7) Well... Guess what time it is again!! Thats right!!! Its time for pie!!!
O.K. So one day I had 4 2/3 of a pie. Yay! I eat 1 4/5 of a pie. Yay! All of a sudden I find 2 1/2 pies under the couch!! Yay! Then i go and win a bet and my total amount of pies get multiplyed by 2 1/6!! Yay!! Then I think to myself I wonder how many groups of 6/7 I could make with all pie right now!!! Its your job to figure that out. Good luck, and I'd recomend using a calculator.
and yes i will try to animate this too!



Now I choose to answer Alex's question. (8-17)
If i drove a car for 1 1/4 hours at an average speed of 90km.How far did I get?
First gotta change 90 into a fraction by going 90/1
then change 1 1/4 into an improper fration 5/4
Can you see any cross reduction because i can't!
so...
5 x 90=450
4 x 1 = 4
now how many times does 4 go into 450???
112 times with 2/4 left (or 1/2)
final answer is that u would go 112 and 1/2 km




Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino

5 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Squeaky_Cheeks 74 said...

4a)Im going to use one of my favorite things in my problem... PIE! I have 7/4 of a pie (or several pies) and the person sitting next to me only has 2/3 of a pie. I lean over and say that we should combine or pies. He agrees. So how much pie do we have together?

common one is 12 4 goes 3 times so
7x3=21/12
common one is 12 3 goes 4 times so
2x4=8/12
add together =39/12
proper Fraction= 3 1/4 pies

4b)Im going to use pie again! I have...um ...lets see... 4 3/4 of a pie! Yay! So much pie! I got hungry and decided to eat 3 1/2 of my pie in one sitting! i probably couldn't do this but... this is an imagnary scenario! So how much pie would I have left?

1/2 is same as 2/4
so 4 3/4
- 3 2/4
= 1 1/4 left of pie I think

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Mest_Aldrin said...

Nice. You should use pictures to show your work. It will look nicer. I think you forgot to complete question one too.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Jimmy Singh said...

g00d p05t d10n, um, y0u f0rg0t t0 f1n15h y0ur f1r5t s3nt3nc3

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jimmy Singh said...

4a)Im going to use one of my favorite things in my problem... PIE! I have 7/4 of a pie (or several pies) and the person sitting next to me only has 2/3 of a pie. I lean over and say that we should combine or pies. He agrees. So how much pie do we have together?

7/4th + 2/3rd =

Common Denomenator would be 12 so 4 times 3 = 12. 7x3=21/12
3 goes in 12 4 times so
2x4=8/12

together=29/12

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Mr. H said...

Congratulations this excellent work is now housed at the Growing Post Hall of Fame

Harbeck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home